Five Facts Thursday Sommerville Holiday #Christmas #ShortStories #HolidayRomance
Five Facts Thursday
I’m one of those people. You know, the one who rejoices greatly when Christmas stuff hits the stores in July. I know summer isn’t officially over. School hasn’t started. And Thanksgiving? It is months away. I love looking for ornaments, special decorating things, etc. I make gifts and start early, so they will be ready.
My Five Facts Thursday is about Christmas (it’s three months away!).
1. Fraser Fir Christmas Trees. Are grown in the Southern Appalachian region of the U.S. The branches turn slightly upward, and the tree has a pleasant scent and a nice triangular shape.
2. Fruitcake. Is found all over Europe. It is a cake made with candied or dried fruit, nuts, and spices. Sometimes, it is soaked in spirits. Typically, it is served at Christmas and often at weddings.
3. Christmas Markets/Christkindlmarkt in Europe. Is a street market held in European towns during Advent. Traditionally held in the town square, attendees can purchase food, drink, and seasonal items from open-air stalls. Singing and dancing take place as well. Nowadays, some markets offer attractions for the kids, ice rinks, and fairgrounds.
4. Christmas Tree Lights. Christmas lights are also called twinkle, holiday, mini, or fairy lights. Originally, candles decorated Christmas trees. The first known electrically illuminated Christmas tree was the creation of Edward H. Johnson, an associate of Thomas Edison. He had Christmas tree light bulbs especially made for his home in New York City.
5. Christmas Tree Toppers.
Decorative Christmas ornament tree-toppers originated in the Victorian era when Christmas trees became popular in England. Originally, an angel sat on top. A star represents the Star of Bethlehem.
Sommerville Holidays Blurb
Days before Christmas, a librarian experiences plumbing issues and a Mr. Maintenance Man who isn’t nearly as jolly as Santa Claus.
The Littlest Angel: Two people. One ornament for the tree. Can a twosome find common ground and discover the true meaning of Christmas?
Holiday Handbag Extravaganza:
Christmas Countdown is on! A hunk-a-licious customer pesters a boutique owner to locate a vintage handbag for his mother. Too bad the wedge between them is his sister, the meanest girl in town.
Funny, sweet, and quirky, Vicki Batman's latest stories are full of her hallmark humor and romance and will delight all readers.
Sommerville Holidays too - Blurb
Love blossoms in the small town of Sommerville in these heartwarming holiday tales, filled with fun and forever possibilities.
The Great Fruitcake Bake-off:
When five-time baking champion Samantha Greene teams up with new neighbor, Dixon Roberts, for The Great Fruitcake Bake-off, they discover baking a prize-winning entry is complicated, bad guys are plotting to take the crown, and first prize isn't just about a ribbon.
When two feuding co-workers win Christmas river cruises at the company holiday party, they discover each other isn’t so bad after all.
When the owner of a Christmas tree stand, which benefits the children’s hospital, has a heart attack, a do-gooder and a reformed high school delinquent turned lawyer show their holiday spirit and staff the business. The twosome meet the challenges of running the establishment and begin to fall for each other. Yet, when the revenue goes missing, fingers are pointed.Small town romances are all the more enchanting during the Christmas holiday season.
As always, Vicki Batman’s stories are fun, romantic, and a great way to spend a quiet night by the fire with plenty of hot chocolate.
For more tickle-your-funny bone tales, try: Just Desserts...and other very short stories at: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Desserts-Other-Short-Stories-ebook/dp/B07CT8XC5F/ Sommerville days at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4NPYFP/ Find Vicki Batman at: http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com/
Find your holiday bliss at: https://www.amazon.com/author/vickibatman/
About Vicki Batman
Vicki Batman’s stories are full of fun, romance, and possibilities which will delight all readers. She has sold many award-winning and bestselling romantic comedy works to magazines and most recently, three humorous romantic mysteries. An avid Jazzerciser. Handbag lover. Mahjong player. Yoga practitioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Cat fancier. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome Hubby.
Five Things You Didn't Know about Vicki Batman:
1. I was Miss Oak Lawn Moped
2. I am the oldest of four sisters
3. None of my sisters have the same eye color or hair color as me.
4. I love Jordan Almonds and Candy Corn.
5. My cat lived to be 23.
Find Vicki Batman at: