Five Fact Thursday - A Dose of Danger by @KimMcMahill #medical #adventure #romance
1. The story is set primarily at a remote ranch in Wyoming, though some of the action takes place in Salt Lake City, Utah.
2. A Dose of Danger is the first novel in the Risky Research Series. A Taste of Tragedy is book 2,
A Foundation of Fear is book 3, and book 4, A Measure of Madness, was just released in April. There are also two series prequel short stories, A Formidable Foe and Midnight in Montana, that are free download. The first three novels in the series are available through Kindle Unlimited.
3. A Dose of Danger is about a vitamin and supplement researcher who develops what may be a miracle diet pill and those who will stop at nothing to keep it off the market. Each subsequent book in the series deals with a different aspect of the diet and nutrition industries.
4. The anatomy and physiology of the pig’s digestive system is similar to that of humans. Guess you’ll have to read the book to see how this ties in.
5. The U.S. weight loss market reached $78 billion in 2019. An industry this large is ripe for corruption.
Blurb - A Dose of Danger
When researcher Grace Talbot and her team discover a possible solution for weight loss, they are targeted by a group dedicated to controlling the diet product industry worth billions. Her unsanctioned testing methods bring tragedy to the family ranch and the attention of the local sheriff’s deputy. With her colleagues either dead, missing, or on the run she soon realizes she must trust the deputy with her life, but can she trust him with her heart?
READ FOR FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED
Barnes and Noble:
Kim McMahill grew up in Wyoming which is where she developed her sense of adventure and love of the outdoors. She started out writing non-fiction, but her passion for exotic world travel, outrageous adventures, stories of survival, and happily-ever-after endings soon drew her into a world of romantic suspense and adventure fiction. Along with writing novels, Kim has also published over eighty travel and human-interest articles to date, and contributed to a travel story anthology. When not writing she enjoys gardening, traveling, hiking, puzzles, playing games, and spending time with family.
Goodreads author page: