Explore Summerville - the setting for @Vici Batman's fab. Book - Temporarily out of Luck #murder
Five Facts about Sommerville - the setting for Temporarily out of Luck
1. Sommerville is the fictional town I created for all my writing. Part of the name comes from someone I once knew. I’d been casting about for a name, and nothing seemed to work until I heard this person’s name. To me, the name Sommerville brings forth feelings of warmth, happiness, and goodness, but we all know, no town is solely like that.
2. Sommerville is located between two metroplexes-which is true of where I live. I like to “say small-town amenities with big town conveniences.” There’s a lake, a strip center, Super Saver grocery store (sorta like the former Albertson’s), Tucker’s Department Store (similar to one I grew up with), and more.
3. Dee’s Delicious Donuts-is loosely based on a shop Handsome and I visited when we were dating. Besides, I had to include donuts—one of my favorite food groups.
4. Mamma and Pappa’s Italian Bistro-Handsome and I frequently ate at a local Italian restaurant. I loved their pizza, lasagna--you name it. But mostly the pizza which tasted like the kind I found in Italy. And the sauce—to die for. The owner was from Sicily. Sadly, the restaurant, located in a popular part of town, closed, and now, a mixed-use development is taking its place.
5. Hattie’s apartment-is A LOT like the apartment I shared with my roomie for four years. We were young and single and having fun. Some of our furniture was hand-me-downs, and some we bought at antique and flea markets.
Great job. What man? And murder. Newly employed at Wedding Wonderland, Hattie Cooks is learning the industry from an expert planner. When her former brother-in-law is found dead in his luxury SUV, all fingers point to Hattie's sister who is planning her own "I dos."
Detective Allan Wellborn is caught between a rock and a hard place—Hattie's family and investigating the murder of a well-connected Sommerville resident, the same loser who was once married to Hattie's sister. Determining who's the bad guy—or gal—isn't going to be easy and sure to piss someone off.
Can Hattie beat the clock to uncover who murdered Jonson before Tracey is charged and her wedding is ruined?