Bonus Five Facts - A Rose By Any Other Name by Alana Lorens
1. The fictitious high school where the reunion is being held is named after my father, who was a political guy and school board member for many years.
2. Marisol Herrera, our heroine, hasn't returned to her hometown for 20 years after she graduated from school. Her breakup all those years before with Russell Asher had been that painful.
3. Marisol is a mommyblogger--that is, she writes for other moms, tries out products and does reviews, and has found a way to monetize her online work. But she does it all under the name of Jerrika Jones, and the toon that heads her blog shows her as a chic, savvy personality. If only she had more of that quality in person!
4. Russell thought he had it made when he married the high school cheerleader with the rich family. Funny how money doesn't solve all one's problems.
5. Some divorces are relatively painless, and others cut to the heart. What's bad is when someone takes that pain and turns it on someone else, who likely doesn't deserve it.
Up-and-coming mommyblogger and single mom Marisol Herrera Slade returns to her old hometown in western Pennsylvania for her 20th high school reunion in 2005, reluctant and yet compelled to see her high school sweetheart, Russell Asher, who dumped her for the homecoming queen.
Russell's marriage to the golden girl, however, ended in a nasty divorce, and he has been systematically excluded from his sons' lives. In his Internet wanderings, he's found feminist blogger named Jerrika Jones, who glorifies single motherhood, essentially putting a stamp of approval on what's happened to him. His group of single dad advocates have vowed to take this woman down.
What Russell doesn't know, when he thinks to rekindle what he had with Marisol, is that Marisol and Jerrika are one and the same. When his group discovers the truth, will their drive for revenge derail any chance the couple have to reunite? Or will they find they have more in common than they ever expected?
About About Alana Lorens
Alana Lorens (aka Barbara Mountjoy) has been a published writer for over 45 years, including seven years as a reporter and editor at the South Dade News Leader in Homestead, Florida. Her list of publications includes the non-fiction book 101 Little Instructions for Surviving Your Divorce, published by Impact Publishers in 1999, stories in A Cup of Comfort for Divorced Women, in December 2008, and A Cup of Comfort for Adoptive Parents, in June 2009.
Her Clan Elves of the Bitterroot series (as Lyndi Alexander) is available from Dragonfly Publishing; THE ELF QUEEN in 2010 and THE ELF CHILD in March 2011, THE ELF MAGE in 2012, and THE ELF GUARDIAN in 2013.
Her newest release (as Alana Lorens) is ENCOUNTER, from Dragonfly Publishing, as well. A freak snowstorm strands a group of high-priced lawyers, a truckload of illegal Mexicans and a killer in a New Mexico retreat. Who will survive?