5 Fact Thursday Surrender to Love by Kayelle Allen #m/m #romance
Kryssie, thank you for inviting me to share on your Five Facts Thursday feature. Today, I'm offering insight into a new science fiction romance called Surrender Love.
Falling in love every lifetime is this immortal's superpower. But this time, with this lover, is it forever? Surrender Love has two sequels already set on pre-order; Ring of the Dragon and Forever Love. In addition, Surrender Love comes with a free bonus story.
Five Facts about Surrender Love
1. This book is an award-winning novel. The original story won the EPPIE eBook Award for Erotic Sci-Fi Romance in 2009. Rather than a popularity contest, the EPPIE was judged solely on content, skill, and style. Sponsored by the Electronically Published Internet Coalition, the contest was the longest running of its type in the industry. EPIC ceased to exist a few years ago, having accomplished its purpose of bringing eBooks into the mainstream of awareness for readers.
2. The first version of this book was erotic, but my writing style has changed in the twelve years since. It is still sensual, but has no explicit content. When writing a romance, the sexual chemistry between the two main characters is a vital part of the story. The challenge of knowing where to break away from a scene with building sexual content was not an easy one, but one to which I was committed.
3. Surrender Love developed because the hero, Luc, lost his lover in a previous book, and readers wanted him to have a happy-ever-after. To be honest, this book wasn't supposed to be it. I had planned to put Luc with a different "forever love." However, once I paired him with Izzorah, Luc put his foot down and demanded to keep him for eternity. Since I hadn't planned that, Izzorah was too old to have been created as one of the secretly developed immortals that were going to be in future books. However, to make Luc happy, I figured out how to make that work. The answer lies within the story itself.
4. The sequel to Surrender Love was originally going to be called Surrender Trust. I spent literal years on the book but couldn't make the plot work. It finally became apparent I had the wrong villain. Once I fixed that, the story started falling into place. I'd also mis-titled it. After all, Izzorah was truly going to be Luc's Forever Love. The book is up for pre-order and will be out May 13, 2021.
5. The book between Surrender Love and Forever Love is Ring of the Dragon. While the title doesn't seem to fit in the flow, the book is part of the Antonello Brothers: Immortal series. Many more books with immortals are planned. Ring of the Dragon will fit once other titles are released.
Antonello Brothers: Immortal Series
The story universe occupied by the Antonello Brothers (a four-book set) features Luc, known as Cyken to the immortals. The most powerful man in the Empire, Luc's presence and influence dominate every book. No longer background characters as they were in the Antonello Brothers series, in this series, the immortals take center stage.
An Immortal Alpha Male / Submissive Alien MM Science Fiction Romance Novel
Luc is a 12,000-year-old immortal alpha male, and the most powerful man in an intergalactic empire of 22 planets. When his mortal lover walks away, the smart thing is to move on and forget, but how can he bear his loneliness, life after life?
When Izzorah landed on Tarth five years ago, he'd been nothing but a feline-humanoid alien from the backwoods of a distant world, but he'd made himself into a rock star. When Luc rescues Izzy from a terrible situation, the adorable Kin hero, who has an almost superpower ability to smell every subtle change of emotion, falls for the heartbroken leader.
This might be the soulmate Luc hoped for. The one person to whom he can surrender his heart. But to bring his beloved closer means revealing every damning secret, every twisted truth, and exposing all the dirty hidden lies...
Excerpt from Surrender Love
Izzorah took a shaky step toward him. Another. Into Luc's personal space, as if he had a right to be there. "Does it bother you to be with a Kin, since you're human?"
"I stopped worrying over what was proper centuries ago." At Izzorah's puzzled expression, Luc added, "Figure of speech. What others think doesn't matter. No one's ever loved me, Izzorah. Even with my ex, I was always alone."
"I love you, Luc. Let me into your heart. You're already in mine. You'll be safe there. I promise. I'll protect you."
The sweet words battered Luc's defenses.
Izzorah hooked his claws into Luc's shirt, pulled him down and slanted his cool mouth across Luc's burning one.
Their first long kiss, and Izzorah controlled it.
Too pleased to do more than accept, Luc stilled himself. Every part of him longed to drag the Kin close, to plunder the gentle mouth beneath his.
The hunger in Izzorah's kiss rivaled his own. Luc focused on the wet way Izzorah's lips slipped against his own. That cat-scratchy tongue became a sensual weapon. He laid siege to Luc's mouth with skill. Izzorah flicked the tip of his tongue along Luc's and circled it, chest rumbling with a low, growling purr. The sound slammed through him sharper than a hot lance, spiking lust.
The clean smell of Kin male filled his nostrils, rich with the tang of desire. Luc spread a hand across Izzorah's back and slid down.
When the Kin pulled back and looked up at him, Luc dragged his hands down the sides of Izzorah's hard body. "A virgin you might be, but you sure know how to kiss." He gripped him by the waist, backed him against the bar and held him immobile. "You're sure you want this?" Luc rocked against him.
"No. I'm sure I want you." Izzorah clutched Luc's open collar, pulling him closer. He ground himself against Luc, eliciting a soft groan. "Please."
Luc put his mouth next to Izzorah's. "Look at me."
When Izzorah obeyed, the impact of his deep emerald gaze felt like one hot, lingering, sensual lick. It sent a thrill across Luc's skin.
Hands braced on Izzorah's slim waist, he dragged the Kin close. "Once I take you to my bed, I won't let you go. You'll be mine. Mine and no one else's." Luc slipped one thigh between Izzorah's legs. He slid a fingertip along the youth's smooth cheek, savoring his skin. "No other man will ever take you. It's not too late to back out, but it will be soon. Please... Be certain."
"I've never been more sure of anything in my life." Izzorah squirmed, muscular thighs spread. "I want no one else. I surrender my body and my heart to you."
Preorder Surrender Love
Read a sample. No need to sign up. Just click and download. https://storyoriginapp.com/directdownloads/96c08927-7520-42c2-ad2d-e8289e426d67
Series on Amazon
About Kayelle Allen
Kayelle Allen writes Sci Fi with misbehaving robots, mythic heroes, role-playing immortal gamers, warriors who purr, and romance that lives forever.
Sign up for her newsletter and pick up free Sci-Fi stories, book recommendations, and other reader exclusives