5 Fact Thursday - Saving Euphoria by C. Becker #romantic #suspense @cbeckerauthor
5 Facts about Saving Euphoria
1. The protagonist, Hailey Langley needed to develop a deeper relationship with her longtime friend Parker—the man she liked before meeting Mark. Since I didn’t want Hailey and her husband Mark to divorce, I made Mark fake his own death.
2. Hailey’s friends in Saving Euphoria cannot be trusted. (This kind of sounds like a Whodunit boardgame.)
3. As I wrote Mark’s chapters about his recovery from the fire, I accidentally burnt my foot on boiling water and developed more of an understanding of the pain that burns cause, making me a more sympathetic author.
4. I researched so much about Colombia and drugs for this book that I’m sure my computer is flagging as suspicious! Not to mention mail-order drugs, amber alerts, and narcosubs.
5. The timing of the FARC ceasefire in Colombia in 2016 (real event) and the country’s current unrest fit right into my storyline. I wasn’t aware of FARC until I started writing this second book in the trilogy. Having the drug lord’s father head an insurgence worked perfectly to show the family’s power.
Hailey Langley and her children struggle to cope with the shocking and mysterious death of her husband Mark. Her teenaged son is rebelling, and Hailey is dealing with physical and mental challenges as well.
Tom Parker, Hailey's former partner from the Special Crimes Agency, comes back into her life. He warns her to trust no one even as he tries to rekindle the flame that connects them.
Everyone has secrets, even Parker, and some of those from the past threaten to destroy the present. Hailey fights to move forward after losing Mark, but she needs to figure out if she can trust Parker and risk taking another chance on love.
The Wild Rose Press:
TRUST NO ONE
He moved closer, his breath warming her face. “I don’t want to be a friend. I want more.”
Her eyes blurred. “It’s only been six months since Mark died.”
“Life goes on, Hailey. Mark’s gone.”
“Six months, Parker.” Tears burnt like acid splashing in her eyes. Six months was not nearly enough time to let go.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say it that way.” Parker reached over and held her hand.
The tenderness in his touch made an instant connection to her heart. Ashamed at her heart’s betrayal, she yanked her hand away and wiped a tear off her cheek.
He held her hand again and whispered. “I love you, Hailey. I always have. Somehow, life or fate, or whatever it is you want to call it, got in our way. I kept my distance when you married Mark, but I never stopped loving you.” He tightened his grasp on her hand. “Now I feel like an idiot because I waited too long.”
“Parker, please. I’m not sure I even want to get involved with someone again.”
“You’ve become so miserable. You’re a strong woman.” His face hardened. “Mark wouldn’t want you to waste your life grieving. He’d want you to go on—and at least try to be happy.” He caressed her cheek with his thumb. “I think deep down, you know it.”
Few people had her pegged so well. She bit her lip, “I do.”
TRUST NO ONE
Becker is the author of Finding Euphoria and Saving Euphoria. She is currently working on the third book to the Euphoria trilogy. As a medical technologist in a former career, Becker has never outgrown the attraction of using science in everyday life.
Becker enjoys hanging out with her family and Jack Russell, playing the piano, reading, and gardening.
C. Becker (Colleen Driscoll)
Website address: http://cbeckerauthor.com/
Social Media links: