1. The Heavenly Brew Coffee House was real. I owned it with a partner for several years. Its big sign hangs in my kitchen as artwork.
2. While Aden House, my main male character, was going through rehabilitation for his leg injuries, so was my husband. It became a sort of hands-on research.
3. Music plays a big part in Rock House Grill. From CCR’s Bad Moon Rising near the beginning to Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd at the end. Each of the songs chosen has a special meaning to me and my characters.
4. Point of the Gap is a real place along the Delaware River in Pennsylvania. Check it out 1. https://www.nps.gov/dewa/planyourvisit/the-water-gap.htm. I’ve added pictures I took doing research.
5. The character John who Aden meets in rehabilitation, is
based loosely on a friend of mine who failed to get into the Atlanta Olympics due to health issues.
One man’s choices. One woman’s Impact
Aden House, successful but driven chef and TV personality, refuses to slow down. His life implodes one night, damaging him both physically and emotionally. He's rescued by a woman he thinks of as his angel.
Shay McDowell has rebuilt her life after her divorce. She juggles volunteer EMT duties and her job, while dreaming of becoming a chef. She finds her way to Rock House Grill and back into the life of the man she helped save.
Can love be the ingredient needed to survive the many obstacles they face?
Winner of N.N. Light Book Heaven's Book of the year for sweet romance.
Meet D.V. Stone
Hi, my name is D. V. Stone. I am a multi-genre author of two independently published books. Felice, Shield-Mates of Dar is a fantasy romance. Agent Sam Carter and the Mystery at Branch Lake is a mid-grade paranormal. In April, Rock House Grill was released by Wild Rose Press. And on July 8th Rainbow Sprinkles part of my publisher One Scoop or Two series became available.
I also host Welcome to the Campfire and A Peek Through the Window, both weekly blogs. Recently I’ve begun to review books by other authors and share my favorites in a monthly newsletter.
On the personal front I’m a full-time employee in a medical office, wife to an amazing husband, mother to one son, and not your average grandma to three beautiful grands. I’m a woman of faith, trusting and believing in God. I drive a Camaro when not behind the wheel of my camper, 2Hoots—a 41 foot long 13.2 feet high 5th Wheel.
My greatest pleasures are spending time outside with friends and family, cooking over the open fire, sipping a glass of wine, and reading.
Hali, my rescue dog always reminds me to let readers know “Woof, woof.” Which is loosely translated Support your local animal rescue.
Here’s a little more about me.
Born in Brooklyn, D.V. Stone has moved around a bit and even lived for a time on a dairy farm in Minnesota before moving back east. Throughout her wandering, she always considered herself a Jersey Girl. She met and married the love of her life, Pete—a lifelong Jersey Man, and moved this time to Sussex County. They live with Hali, a mixed breed from the local shelter and their cat Baby.
You can find out more about D. V. by following her on Social Media
Other Books by D.V. Stone
Felice, Shield-Mates of Dar
One foolish thought. One brutal act. Instead of a peaceful alliance––war.
Agent Sam Carter and the Mystery at Branch Lake
A Mid-grade paranormal